Sunday, December 25, 2011

christmas.

Jesus is born! I had a wonderful Christmas with my family.... dinner last night with my cousins and aunt and uncle then midnight mass with my dad and the Kornfeld's since mom was cantoring. Between the two, we opened family gifts where I got a trip to Disney! I'm so sooo excited to start planning it. Then I got to sleep in this morning since mom had to cantor another mass and wasn't home til 10:20 anyway. When she got home we ate breakfast then Adam came to say goodbye before he leaves for Rome in the morning. I'm trying really hard to stay positive about that.... but that's a different story. We opened gifts in the early afternoon and I got mostly stuff that I picked out on Black Friday, plus a few things like Beats by Dr. Dre headphones (pink of course) and a picture collage frame. My dad made a wonderful dinner for us, pork loin, party potatoes and carrot casserole, and Meghan came over to eat with us! I've spent the rest of the day jamming to music and planning our Disney trip... so far we've set a tentative date but are struggling to find a hotel that is in a good location but isn't going to be a bazillion dollars. It doesn't help that we're planning to go in a peak season because there isn't really another time that will work with our busy schedules. Regardless, I'm stoked to go to Disney (and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!) one final time before I go to college. Adam went in October and hearing all about his trip has made me more eager than ever to go. So it's been a wonderfully anti-climatic Christmas, to be followed by a not-so-wonderfully anti-climatic Christmas break. I feel like Adam being gone is going to hit me hard, and it's difficult for me to plan things to do because our schedule for cheer is totally up in the air. #firstworldproblems

No comments:

Post a Comment