Everyone has been doing tweets and Facebook statuses (stati?) and blog posts everyday during November for what they are thankful for. I'm far too lazy to do it everyday, so here is my big, giant list. I know this isn't even close to everything but it gets the general gist!
1. My mama - My mom is the best mom a girl could ever ask for. She is my best friend and I can tell her literally anything and know she won't judge me (well, she might judge me, but she won't be mad at me for it). Even though she and I don't always get along and she sometimes annoys the poop out of me, I love her so much and I'm so thankful for her.
2. My daddy - I'm such a daddy's girl it's ridiculous. He's the bomb diggity and even though he's more strict than my mom, he's a big softy and will do anything for me. It's because of him that I am the woman I am today.
3. My big, crazy family - There's a million and ten of us on the Schopp side but my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids are amazing. We all aren't incredibly close but whenever we're together, it's like we all click. Even though the cousins range in age from 44 years to 3 months old, we all have each others backs. I'm especially thankful for Emily, my cousin who's only 5 months younger than me. We don't hang out much, but we have so much in common and understand each other and what the other one is going through.
4. My high school friend group - God blessed me with an AMAZING group of friends in high school. Each and every one of them hold a special place in my heart and I will be there for them forever. We've all had our fair share of drama and fights, but coming back from college and seeing everyone again has been like we were never apart to begin with.
5. My SLU friends - Somehow, I was put in the right place at SLU. I ended up living between the three best friends a girl could ask for, and 2/3 doors down from another 2 amazing girls. And because of these five ladies, I've also met the best 2 guy friends in the world. All of them are so caring and put others needs before their own, more so than anyone I've ever met. If I ever need anything, I know that one, if not all of them, will jump at the opportunity to help me, which is so amazing in this crazy college life.
6. Jenna and Alyssa - These girls were seriously angels sent to get me through a hard time. Even though befriending them put all of us in a tricky situation, I'm so glad it happened. They are so amazing and reassured me that everything would be alright when I thought the world was ending (don't hate me for being overdramatic). I don't know why they put up with my whining and complaining, but I'm sure glad they did.
7. My ex boyfriends - Because of these two, I am a better, stronger woman of God and I have begun to believe in my own decisions. I have become more independent and confident because of these stupid idiots. Not bitter at all, I promise ;)
8. My house - I think I take for granted the nice house I have. It is a beautiful home and I am so blessed to live in such a nice place while there are people with no home to live in.
9. Food - I love to eat. And therefore I love food. 'Nuff said.
10. My iPhone - I love that stupid piece of technology and would be perpetually helpless and bored without it.
11. My laptop - Ditto to the above statement.
12. SLU - I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am that I ended up at SLU. It is everything I ever wanted in a college and I am so beyond happy there.
13. My fireplace - Having a fireplace is just really really nice.
14. Shopping - I love shopping, what can I say.
15. The ability to dance - Dance is the perfect outlet for all of my emotions and I never realized how much I loved it until I didn't have the chance to do it anymore. It's the thing I miss the most in college. It's so hard to express myself and de-stress without it. I miss those damn tan leather tap shoes!
16. Central Catholic - Even though I hated it at the time and complained a lot, that place gave me such a great knowledge of my faith. Without Central, I really doubt I would have the relationship with God that I do, and I definitely wouldn't be able to defend my beliefs the way I am able to now.
17. Mrs. Myers - This woman is my biggest role model. The first time I babysat her kids, I walked around her house (in the least creepy way possible) and it was filled with quotes and pictures about keeping faith first and raising a family to be the best followers of Christ possible. She lives her life in a way I can only dream to as an excellent model to her students, children and everyone around her. I wish I could thank her for how much she changed my life. She pushed me to step outside my comfort zone and believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself. She will forever hold the spot in my heart as my favorite teacher of all time.
18. Dominique - Although she can be annoying as hell, I am thankful for her as my roommate. I've heard horror stories and it could be so much worse. She and I can usually coexist really well and she vacuumed the whole room and emptied the trash cans before we left for break, so I can't really complain too much.
Sunday, November 11, 2012
So... this has been a crazy eventful weekend. Friday was the first men's basketball game so we all went to the game (which we won of course!) and then headed back to Gries to get ready for a party at the Coronado. It was a stoplight party so all of us (except Christy) put on our green and the pre gaming began. Alex took her first shot ever, and everyone else did a few, or 13 in James' case... except me cause I'm a chicken. So then we got to the party, which was lame as helllll. Everyone was just kind of standing around. My exact thought process was "I'm gonna have to get drunk to even have a decent time at this party..." so when Conor said "Maggie, hold my drink" I didn't exactly hesitate to try it. And it tasted like ass. My face immediately felt like it was on fire and so I kept drinking. When he got back, he took it back and was like "where'd my drink go?" Oops. So then I had to buy my own. It cost me $5 for a fucking cup that I knew I wouldn't be able to drink more than half of. But I did it anyway. And I kept drinking the jungle juice that tasted like cough syrup and it was nasty. Apparently I kept saying "this tastes so baaaaaaad," "why doesn't Ben like me? I just want him to like me again," "can I flip them off please??" and "don't let me call my ex boyfriend." Awkward life. But I know I was only saying the stuff about Ben because Christine told him to make out with Kate so he spent the whole night all over her. Which pissed me off at both of them. The whole time I was angry and wanted to leave so Alex just kept telling me to keep drinking and it would get better. And then he was talking to Alex and was like "I want Maggie and I to be friends again, I feel bad that it didn't work out." And then proceeded to say a million more drunk things. Lord only knows. So yeah. Then we left the party and a bunch of people went to Marg but Mari and I went back to Gries. I guess I tried to cartwheel across a major street too... which is real awkward. But by the time we got back to the dorm, I was totally fine. Christy, Alex, Ben and James got back not too much later and Christy was hurling her guts out. Which meant Alex and I got stuck holding her hair back while James and Ben sat there and giggled like little girls. Eventually we went to sleep at like 3 and had to be back up by 7:40 to do some more service for APO. After that, Alex, Rachel, Brad and I ran "the amazing race" all across SLU, which was so intense and I'm so sore from it today. We got 38th place out of 57, so it wasn't too shabby considering we had no idea what to expect. Then Rachel and I went to see the Rockettes last night, which was awesome and made me wanna dance, but I'm way too sore to even lift my legs. Today, I studied and went to the library (a first for me!) and almost killed my roommate and drove to Ted Drewes with the girls! Then tonight at 11:11, we're having a party in Alex and Christy's room (they live in 1111) since its 11/11! Weeeee!
Pray for me, my bio test tomorrow is gonna rape me in the asshole....
Pray for me, my bio test tomorrow is gonna rape me in the asshole....
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
I just voted for the first time! Although Missouri is labeled as a republican state and therefore, my vote did not matter as much as it would have in a place like Ohio, it's awesome to know that my opinion mattered, even if only a little bit. Me and my friends are planning on staying up until we know who the president is. All of us are republican and definitely pro-Romney so there won't be any tension as long as Conor isn't here. We're just excited to be able to be a part of something! If you haven't yet and are reading this, GO VOTE!
Monday, November 5, 2012
Life keeps on going. Thanksgiving break is in two weeks and I'm so excited to go home! I love everyone here but it's always good to get a break from all of them. Especially asshole exboyfriend who is sitting about three feet away from me and smells so good. It's ridiculous that I'm even thinking about it. What am I? Pathetic, that's what. Not too much new has been happening around her. Drunk people, drunk people and more drunk people. Yay. Kill me now. People are fucking dumb. I don't even have anything worthwhile to say in this post. That's pretty much it. Here's some pictures. I hardcore rearranged my room too. Life's good.
meet rapunzel. my bestest slu friends made her for me for my birthday. she has 7 hearts in her, one for me, nicole, molly, mari, alex, rachel and this little girl named bella who really wanted to put a heart in it too. it was precious. and i love these girls too much.
yayyy new room arrangement! finally room for a futon!
alex's foot is bigger than my face. also, this is what happens, along with alex making up songs and us trying to learn how to wop/cat daddy, when its late and alex and i have cheese sticks on a sunday night.