Thursday, November 22, 2012

thankful. (part one)

Everyone has been doing tweets and Facebook statuses (stati?) and blog posts everyday during November for what they are thankful for. I'm far too lazy to do it everyday, so here is my big, giant list. I know this isn't even close to everything but it gets the general gist!

1. My mama - My mom is the best mom a girl could ever ask for. She is my best friend and I can tell her literally anything and know she won't judge me (well, she might judge me, but she won't be mad at me for it). Even though she and I don't always get along and she sometimes annoys the poop out of me, I love her so much and I'm so thankful for her.

2. My daddy - I'm such a daddy's girl it's ridiculous. He's the bomb diggity and even though he's more strict than my mom, he's a big softy and will do anything for me. It's because of him that I am the woman I am today.

3. My big, crazy family - There's a million and ten of us on the Schopp side but my aunts, uncles, cousins and their kids are amazing. We all aren't incredibly close but whenever we're together, it's like we all click. Even though the cousins range in age from 44 years to 3 months old, we all have each others backs. I'm especially thankful for Emily, my cousin who's only 5 months younger than me. We don't hang out much, but we have so much in common and understand each other and what the other one is going through.

4. My high school friend group - God blessed me with an AMAZING group of friends in high school. Each and every one of them hold a special place in my heart and I will be there for them forever. We've all had our fair share of drama and fights, but coming back from college and seeing everyone again has been like we were never apart to begin with.

5. My SLU friends - Somehow, I was put in the right place at SLU. I ended up living between the three best friends a girl could ask for, and 2/3 doors down from another 2 amazing girls. And because of these five ladies, I've also met the best 2 guy friends in the world. All of them are so caring and put others needs before their own, more so than anyone I've ever met. If I ever need anything, I know that one, if not all of them, will jump at the opportunity to help me, which is so amazing in this crazy college life.

6. Jenna and Alyssa - These girls were seriously angels sent to get me through a hard time. Even though befriending them put all of us in a tricky situation, I'm so glad it happened. They are so amazing and reassured me that everything would be alright when I thought the world was ending (don't hate me for being overdramatic). I don't know why they put up with my whining and complaining, but I'm sure glad they did.

7. My ex boyfriends - Because of these two, I am a better, stronger woman of God and I have begun to believe in my own decisions. I have become more independent and confident because of these stupid idiots. Not bitter at all, I promise ;)

8. My house - I think I take for granted the nice house I have. It is a beautiful home and I am so blessed to live in such a nice place while there are people with no home to live in.

9. Food - I love to eat. And therefore I love food. 'Nuff said.

10. My iPhone - I love that stupid piece of technology and would be perpetually helpless and bored without it.

11. My laptop - Ditto to the above statement.

12. SLU - I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am that I ended up at SLU. It is everything I ever wanted in a college and I am so beyond happy there.

13. My fireplace - Having a fireplace is just really really nice.

14. Shopping - I love shopping, what can I say.

15. The ability to dance - Dance is the perfect outlet for all of my emotions and I never realized how much I loved it until I didn't have the chance to do it anymore. It's the thing I miss the most in college. It's so hard to express myself and de-stress without it. I miss those damn tan leather tap shoes!

16. Central Catholic - Even though I hated it at the time and complained a lot, that place gave me such a great knowledge of my faith. Without Central, I really doubt I would have the relationship with God that I do, and I definitely wouldn't be able to defend my beliefs the way I am able to now.

17. Mrs. Myers - This woman is my biggest role model. The first time I babysat her kids, I walked around her house (in the least creepy way possible) and it was filled with quotes and pictures about keeping faith first and raising a family to be the best followers of Christ possible. She lives her life in a way I can only dream to as an excellent model to her students, children and everyone around her. I wish I could thank her for how much she changed my life. She pushed me to step outside my comfort zone and believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself. She will forever hold the spot in my heart as my favorite teacher of all time.

18. Dominique - Although she can be annoying as hell, I am thankful for her as my roommate. I've heard horror stories and it could be so much worse. She and I can usually coexist really well and she vacuumed the whole room and emptied the trash cans before we left for break, so I can't really complain too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment