Sunday, August 19, 2012

here goes nothing...

In 2.5 days, I'll be leaving my home, my friends, my family and everything I've ever known for college and St. Louis. To say I'm scared would be an understatement. What if I don't make friends? Or what if my roommate and I don't get along? Or what if my classes are really hard? Basically, my mind has been running at a million miles an hour for the last week. I know I'll be alright but the fear of the unknown is killing me. I've been packing up all my stuff and I have so much more than I anticipated. Like, two huge garbage bags plus two huge totes full of just clothes and shoes. Plus I'm not done packing my clothes. I was dumb though and didn't really think to leave myself any clothes for the next few days.... which means I'll basically be rocking the same outfit on repeat. Yummmo. Hopefully I won't smell toooo bad. My mom is going to be such a hot mess, she is being so clingy and obnoxious this week. The hardest part is saying goodbye... So far three of my best friends have left on their own college journeys, which has left my life pretty boring. You wouldn't think three people leaving would have such a big impact but it definitely has. In the next few days, the goodbyes just get harder - my friend who hasn't left yet, my friends who are still in high school and my parents. I'll probably cry like crazy for all but my parents. To be honest, I'm not sure that will make me too upset at all. I'm ready to be independent and on my own. My whole life I've been kind of  "smothered" under their love and it's time for me to handle myself.

So overall, I'm terrified, but very, very ready to leave. Hopefully I won't forget anything major at home on move-in day. And don't worry, I'll keep you updated on all my adventures as a college student!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment