Wednesday, August 24, 2011

danceydanceydance.

I START DANCE TONIGHT! I'm a little bit excited. Dancing is literally the only thing that keeps me sane during the school year, so I'm super pumped to start for the season. Tonight is high school tap/jazz with a young teacher who's really fun - and special bonus, it's an hour class instead of 45 minutes! So I get 15 extra minutes of happy before I go back home to papers and calculators. Then tomorrow, I have my 45 minute advanced tap class. Which is much more of a challenge than tonight's class, and therefore even more fun! Tap is the only time I really like to be challenged, but in tap, there's nothing too difficult or complex for me. It's the one thing that I am really talented at, which feels really good, and which is why I love it so much. My teacher for advanced tap is like 75 years old and has been dancing FOREVER. She's taught me tap since I was 3 and she is not only an amazing dancer, but an awesome person. Every once in a while, she and I get into a little bit of a spat, but I respect her a ton and really look up to her. I absolutely love my dance studio and all of the teachers/secretaries that work there. Everyone knows me and it really feels like a family. I'm not a member of the ballet company, or even the performance company (considering I'm only actually good at tap, both of those would be disastrous for me), but the fact that I still feel welcome is important. Needless to say, I absolutely cannot wait to put on my well broken in, tan taps tonight. I love these damn shoes more than any other shoe that I own because they look so well used and I feel like a million bucks when I'm wearing them . I have newer taps that are black, but they're just not the same. My beloved taps are falling apart though, so I'm afraid they're not going to survive my final season as a tapper, which would break a little piece of my heart. It'll be interesting to see who is in my classes because a lot of seniors graduated last year, and a few others just aren't coming back. Also, in advanced tap, it's usually a lot of adults and then me... which is fine, but I like not being the only one under the age of 40. I know my friend Kara is in my class tonight - she and I have danced together for an eternity - so that will be fun for sure. 

Sorry for that incredibly loooong post about my dance classes.... not really sure how that happened. 



i love tutus almost as much as i love dance itself

ohkay, so this isn't me... and i defs don't do pointe but i love the saying soooo... you get to look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment