Wednesday, October 5, 2011

friend requests.

This afternoon, I came home from an incredibly shitty day of school to find I had a friend request on facebook. I usually don't get excited by friend requests... at all. My response is usually 'ignore' because they're not usually anybody I know/care about. Seriously, just because we have the same name or live in the same town does not mean I know you. Or, if you're a freshman at my school, but I have no idea who you are, I'm not gonna be your friend because there's a high chance that you're going to be annoying as fuck. But, today, I got on and almost peed my pants with excitement over a friend request. It was from my best friend from my childhood, Kate. She and I were inseparable from pre-k on. In elementary, she moved to Chicago, but we stayed really close and visited each other all the time. Then, in junior high, she moved to Ireland. Yeah... the country across the big blue sea. It sucked. Long distance calls are expensive, and her accent got to be so thick that even when we talked on the phone, I couldn't really understand her. I went to visit her in 8th grade, and since then we've kept in touch through emails but it's really difficult sometimes even through that. So today, when I had a friend request from her, I was so excited, it was ridiculous. I'm looking forward to be able to see pictures of her and her wonderful family and keep in touch with her better!

a picture of kate and i with her little sister and a friend from our old neighborhood on one of her few visits back to the us

No comments:

Post a Comment