Saturday, September 17, 2011

rockin da house.

Today was crazy busy. I literally spent my entire day out and about and this is the first time I've even come near my computer. I woke up and went to the mall with Meghan and Laina and then ate some A&W. It was gooood. Then Meghan and I went to school to help get things ready for hallway decorating so that come homecoming week we just have to put it all together. After that it was IPF (Irish Pumpkin Festival) time! IPF is a huge deal for our church and since my mom is in charge of it, we always help out and spend the day there. Meghan, Laura, Laina and I worked the inflatable obstacle course and it was boring.. but that's ok. We ate lots of foods and hung out until Rock the House.

Rock the House is always a highlight to my school year. It's put together by Vita Christi, which is our school's "Jesus" club I guess. It starts with eating and playing bags and kind of just hanging out, then we all moved into the auditorium. They had a Wii all set up and they had a teacher dance off. It was hilarious. The freshman theology teacher vs. the beloved janitor dancing to It's Raining Men, the advancement director vs. the senior theology teacher (who wore a wig and suspenders?) dancing to Proud Mary, the chaplain vs. the history/band teacher dancing to I Want You Back, and perhaps the best match up, the junior theology teacher vs. the wellness teacher/basketball coach dancing to Iko Iko. All of them were hilarious and it was great. After that, we played capture the papal flag (which may or may not be slightly sacreligious) and then we played a game where you essentially had to shove your face into something like horseradish, barbecue sauce, sauerkraut, or mayonnaise to win a gift card. It's super funny because the people don't know what they're shoving their faces into until its tooo late. Then there's confession and then, my favorite part of the whole night, mass. It's set up in the commons of our school instead of in the chapel and we all come together and sit on carpet squares. It's one of those experiences that's just really genuine. My freshman year it was pouring rain onto the skylights and it is one of those things I'll never forget.

I'm super duper tired now, so imma go to bed. Goodnight world <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment