Monday, October 22, 2012

home sweet home.

Well, yay for fall break. I survived my first college midterms... survived being a relative term of course considering how badly I did on my bio test. But they're over and now I don't really have to stress until finals time. I mean, I'll still have work to do and everything but not as much. Being home these past four days have taught me a lot of things. Firstly, people change. Things happen and distance makes things different. It's not anything that anyone can control and I'm sure I've changed too. It's just one of those things I need to learn to deal with because I can't do anything about it regardless. Secondly, high school sucked ass and I definitely don't need to go re-live it. I went to visit and see friends, which was nice, but it was also awkward as hell with everyone looking at me like "why the fuck is she here" like sorry bros, my bad. But I got to eat cookies so everything was a-okay. And I got a hair cut! Plus while I was home I got to see all my favorite people that are still around, including Alaina and Meghan who just happened to be home too! I got a lot of things I really needed and I'm bringing back all my winter clothes, eek! And best of all, I got a dress for my Alpha Phi Omega initiation formal dance! I don't know that I'm in love with it but it'll do and it was pretty cheap. Plus it got approval from Alex, Conor and Ben so it can't be that horrid. I'm super excited to get back to 11G and see all my lovely ladies and get back to living the SLU life. Plus, on Thursday I'm going to see Les Mis and on Saturday, I'm going to see J Biebs live in concert. Holy balls, I might poop my pants. Wednesday and Friday, I have full nights of getting service done before APO initiation so it's gonna be a crazy busy week. Hopefully I don't have too much homework and have time for all these fun things. I really have to say, I love being in college in a big city and having so much to do all the time. I would probably die of boredom anywhere else. God really did know what he was doing and I will be forever grateful for the life He has given me. Life is so good sometimes. Now I just have to survive the car ride driving back to the STL tomorrow..

PS - Ben went to the cardiologist today and they still aren't quite sure what his problem is with his heart but it isn't life-threatening which is so good. He has to wear a heart monitor but that's so minor compared to what it could have been. I am so blessed to have him and I am so grateful that he isn't in pain anymore and that hopefully all of this will be over and figured out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment