Sunday, September 30, 2012

parents weekend.

It's homecoming/parents weekend here at good ol' SLU. My parents came down on Friday night and we went shopping then ate cheesecake! When I got back, I hung out with Alex and her twin sister who was here visiting and Ben and we hung out in Gries then went to Pickleman's and babysat drunk people while watching a movie and painting our nails. Yesterday, we went shopping some more and got some stuff at target (like a bean bag and a rug, getting ready for your visit Laura!). Then last night was the homecoming soccer game which was extremely boring and we only stayed for half... but at half time, there was an incredible firework show. We now know why we pay so much in tuition, it all goes to fireworks, imported palm trees and imported squirrels. But it's worth it, I'm madly in love with my school. It's great to be a Billiken. So anyway, after the game, we came back and got ready in our slutty Saturday clothes and took the metro downtown to the Taste of Saint Louis festival. There was a free All American Rejects concert so we went to that and it was AWESOME. The metro ride was kind of sketchy on the way there, but it was totally worth it. We only knew a few of their songs but we rocked out hardcore to Gives You Hell... dedicated to useless exes. After the concert, we all just came back and watched a movie. I actually fell asleep on the futon with Ben and woke up like 4 hours later and just walked to my room. This is going to sound really awkward and weird but it made me really excited for when I'm married and get to sleep next to the man I love every night, whoever he may be.. How awesome will that be? Unless he snores... then we're going to have a problem. Anyway, my parents and I are going to the zoo today and it's going to be fab! Yay family!
The group before the concert (minus Ben..)
Katie (Alex's twin), Alex, Conor, me and Brad in the back.

oh hey, this is Ben. he's pretty fabulous. i'm a fan.
ps. I was working on a project for my OT class and look what I found! I'm basically a celebrity. It's really old and I completely forgot about it til I just happened upon it. http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/timber-pointe-offers-campers-taste-of-the-outdoors/article_4efd287c-82d4-11de-89c8-001cc4c03286.html

No comments:

Post a Comment